Comprehensive Planning to Preserve What You Have Earned
At Family Resolutions, we work closely with clients to understand their goals and concerns, and ensure they have everything in order. For an evaluation of your estate planning needs, arrange a consultation today.
Attorneys Protecting Your Long-Term Interests
Tax planning is a key consideration in our comprehensive and long-range approach to your estate planning, which may include:
- Wills — Stipulating who shall inherit your estate upon your demise
- Durable powers of attorney — Appointing a trusted person to manage business and personal affairs
- Health care proxies — Authorizing another to make medical decisions on your behalf in the event you are unable
- Living wills — Declaring your wishes regarding heroic measures and end-of-life decisions
- Revocable and irrevocable trusts — Advanced strategies to protect assets from taxes, probate and litigation, ensure your assets pass according to your wishes, generate income or provide for special needs or charity
- Asset protection — Shielding family wealth from “creditors and predators”
- IRA minimum distributions — Minimizing the tax “hit” when inheriting an IRA (large or small)
- Multi-generational IRA planning — Planning for long-term revenue streams for loved ones
- Elder law — Strategic planning to fund long-term care or preserve Medicaid eligibility
- Family law considerations — Planning for marriage, prenuptial agreements, postnuptial agreements, affidavits, unmarried partners
- Business succession planning — Buy-sell agreements, family limited partnerships, limited liability companies (LLC), S corporations, etc.
Protecting Your Children
Having a will simply is not enough. It doesn’t guarantee the care of your children if the unthinkable happens.
Your estate plan must safeguard your children, who are counting on you to ensure that they will always be taken care of by the people you want, in the way you want, no matter what happens.
At Family Resolutions, we are very passionate about planning for the well-being and care of the children you love. Over the years, we have developed an expertise for advance planning for the care of children in the event of the death of one or both parents.